Tuesday 20 December 2016

Bridesmaiding in Oaxaca

When you are around your 30s it is very common that your friends start getting married. However almost all of my closest friends are still single, including myself. Moreover in Greece it is not a custom to have bridesmaids so I had never been asked to take upon the role. 
In spring my friend Cristy got engaged and soon she started the preparations for her wedding. One day at work, during our lunch break she gave me a box with a balloon that I had to blow and pop, revealing a paper reading "Will you be my bridesmaid?". I was very honoured to be asked to be part of her bridal party. So I happily accepted and started helping her in any way I could, mainly taking fashion decisions (kind of my area).
So on Thursday we travelled to the beautiful city of Oaxaca and on Friday I put on my bridesmaid outfit that I designed and my friend and colleague Claudia was kind enough to make for me, the flower crown which I made for all the bridesmaids, my new quirky bag and I witnessed my friend getting married. 
I guess now I can add experienced bridesmaid to my CV ;)







  • Gold sequin top/pink tulle skirt/pink flower crown: BONNE
  • Nude peep toe heels: SFERA
  • Porky Pig minaudiere handbag: ZARA
  • Pink sunglasses: THE CRAV CONCEPT






No comments:

Post a Comment